Through our education and training program, we match the finest engineering talent with industry to work together on research projects to develop innovative technology for Australia and the global market.
Our education program offers students industry experience and financial support, along with training and professional development opportunities. We have 8 universities participating in the education and training program.
Our education program is split in two streams:
PhD student program – supports students to undertake vital research and equips them with skills to successfully pursue their career. Students either work independently on their research through the university (strategic project) or form part of a larger team working on an industry defined research project (embedded project). Either way, the research outcomes all make a valuable contribution to an industry by providing high-level research skills and enhancing knowledge.
Undergraduate student program – a year-long research project which provides students with hands-on experience and companies with resources to assist with their research and development.
Key benefits for students:
- Regular opportunities to showcase their research and network with industry
- Work under the guidance of an industry mentor
- Meet and establish connections with other students
- Participate in industry internships and international university exchanges
Key benefits for industry:
- Explore emerging trends and evaluate new techniques
- Develop, test and employ new ideas
- Develop quality, useful research outcomes
- Work with the latest engineering talent